Frequently Asked Questions – Minnesota Air Duct Cleaning Services
Coupons and Specials
- $149 Air Duct Cleaning. All ducts and vents included. No hidden cost.
- $249.95 RotoBrush Duct Clean. Advanced cleaning technology for thorough cleaning.
- $109 Dryer Vent Cleaning. Save energy and prevent house fires.
You’ve heard the ads for duct cleaning services on the radio or have seen them on television. Most likely, those ads have raised questions in your mind about duct cleaning. As the most trusted duct cleaning company in Minneapolis St. Paul, we have the answers you need, based on our over 20 years of experience and training. Here are some of the most common questions our customers ask us, along with answers that are objective and free of exaggeration and hype.
How often should I have my air ducts cleaned?
Most experts recommend an annual duct cleaning for homes. That cleaning maintains your ducts in great condition, free of dust and contaminants in most situations. In some cases, though, more frequent duct cleaning may be needed. For example, if any of these conditions are present in your home, you may want to consider having your ducts cleaned twice a year:
- Pets in the home. Pets shed dander and hair, which end up in your ducts.
- Smoking. Tobacco smoke collects in ductwork, forming a sticky film that attracts and holds dust and contamination.
- Allergies and Asthma. If your family suffers from these conditions, annual cleaning may not be adequate to minimize health concerns and symptoms.
- Remodeling and Renovations. The dust and debris generated from these projects adds to the accumulation in your air ducts.
Contact us to discuss your duct cleaning needs. We’ll be happy to advise you, and to perform any required services promptly, correctly, at an affordable price.
What’s that smell from my ductwork?
The most common odors from air ducts occur in the late fall and late spring, after the quiet periods for heating and air conditioning. When the furnace or air conditioner starts up after being idle for months, accumulations of dust and contaminants are suddenly blown through your home. That’s a sure sign that it’s time to have your ducts cleaned. We recommend that you have your ductwork cleaned before the heating or cooling season to avoid this issue. In other cases, animals can find their way into your air ducts, leaving behind their wastes and nests. Occasionally, an animal will die inside your air ducts. Our technicians can remove this cause of odors. Every case is different, and part of the ductwork may have to be disassembled, so pricing is set for each job.
How do I know the cleaning service really worked?
That’s a great question. Since your air ducts are hidden away and closed up, it’s hard to look inside them. However, you can inspect the ductwork inside an easy-to-remove register or vent before and after the cleaning. After the cleaning, it should be clean. If it isn’t clean, the job wasn’t done right. In addition, you should notice less dust on furniture and elsewhere and any allergy or asthma symptoms should improve. At Residential Duct Cleaning, every job is done thoroughly and properly, and we’ll be glad to show you.
When should I change furnace filters?
Check the label on the air filter itself. It will tell you how often that type of filter needs to be changed. When you install a new filter, make a record of the date, and then change it when the time has elapsed. Typical furnace filters need to be changed in from one to three months. In some homes, they may need to be changed more frequently than indicated on the label. A very dusty home needs more frequent changes, and probably is in need of duct cleaning. Smoking in the home and extensive cooking may also require more frequent filter changes. Pets that shed hair and dander can clog up furnace filters quite quickly and make it necessary to change them more often. You can visually inspect your furnace filter at any time to check this. Finally, homes where someone suffers from allergies or asthma may need more frequent changes and special filter types.
I see you offer other cleaning services. Do I need these?
You probably do. Several heating and air conditioning systems and appliances in your home require regular cleaning and maintenance. Some of these are commonly neglected by homeowners, and can lead to inefficient operation or can even create fire or health hazards. Systems that need regular attention include:
- Dryer Vents – Accumulations of lint can reduce efficiency and cause fires.
- Hot Water Heaters – Keeping the combustion area clean prolongs the life of the appliance and can prevent expensive problems.
- Furnaces & Air Conditioners – These expensive appliances need regular cleaning and maintenance. Neglecting this can shorten their life, reduce efficiency, and leave you without heating and cooling without warning.
- Fireplaces & Chimneys – A chimney fire is a frightening experience, and can destroy your home. Your wood-burning fireplace and chimney should be cleaned annually for your safety and for a clean-burning fire.
Call on our company to handle all of these maintenance needs. You can combine services and reduce your costs, since our technician is already there. We offer special combinations of duct cleaning and other cleaning services to help you save.
Full Service Air Duct Cleaning for the Twin Cities, Minnesota
When you hire any company to perform services at your home, you should insist on integrity, quality, courtesy, and expertise. You’ll find all of those at our Minneapolis locally owned company. As part of Residential Heating and Air Conditioning, with its more than two decades of reputation for quality service, we bring our complete dedication to work done right at a great price to every job. Our highly trained, courteous technicians, equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, work efficiently and skillfully to give you the top-quality service you expect and deserve. Contact us today to schedule any of our services, and for answers to your questions.