Air Duct Cleaning Reduces Dust Mite Contamination
Money-Saving Coupons for Air Duct Cleaning
- $99 Air Duct Cleaning. We clean all ducts and vents in your house. No hidden charges.
- $199.95 RotoBrush Duct Cleaning. Remove dust and dirt deposited inside your air ducts.
Less than one-hundredth of an inch in size, the common dust mite inhabits virtually every building where humans live. No matter how well you clean your home, tens of thousands of dust mites, or even more, live in your house. These microscopic creatures feed exclusively on particles of dead skin, shed by people and pets by the millions every hour. Those skin particles make up part of the dust in our homes. Like all other living creatures, they excrete waste. Their fecal waste is also microscopic, and circulates freely in the air, and settles in your air ducts and vents, where it is unseen, but always present and circulating back into your living spaces.
Dust mite excrement is a leading cause of allergy symptoms in humans, and can trigger asthma attacks in many people. If you’re constantly sneezing and sniffling or have a stuffy nose or increased asthma symptoms, dust mite fecal matter could be to blame. Here’s more information that you need to know to protect your health.
- A Major Source of Allergens – Dust mite excrement, when circulated as dust, is a very common trigger for allergies, especially in children and older adults. Chemicals, called proteases, come from the digestive tract and are respiratory irritants. Since its fecal matter is a common component of dust, it may be the cause of your symptoms.
- They Are Everywhere – Dust mites eat particles of dead skin from humans and other animals. Millions of these particles are shed constantly. What that means is that dust mites find a perfect environment in any building where humans live. They make their home in carpets, clothing, upholstered furniture, curtains, and bedding. You can’t see them, because they are microscopic in size. But you can be certain that they are in your home or commercial building.
- Eradication Is Difficult – This is almost impossible to completely get rid these bugs. They can be killed with insecticides, but those are toxic and unwelcome in our homes. Even if they are killed, people coming and going in any home will carry new dust mites in, and they reproduce quickly. Even the cleanest home contains a large number of them.
- Reducing Their Numbers – Thorough vacuuming and dusting, frequent laundering of bedding, and the use of HEPA filters on vacuum cleaners and top quality furnace filters, can help remove the dead skin particles that dust mites feed on. Keeping the relative humidity in your home under 50% also helps reduce its populations. In situations where severe allergies and asthma are present, removing all carpeting and upholstered furniture from the home can produce good results.
- Air Duct Dust – Since dust that contains the ever-present dead skin particles eaten by dust mites collects in HVAC ductwork, dust mites live there, too. In addition, the allergy-causing excrement also collects in air ducts. The greater the accumulation of dust in air ducts, the more present they are.
- Regular Air Duct Cleaning – No matter what other measures you take to minimize dust mite contamination, if you don’t regularly and thoroughly clean your air ducts, the problem will just continue. Removing the debris which they live on will be very helpful.
Minnesota Air Duct Cleaning Services
At our Minneapolis locally owned and operated air duct cleaning company, we understand the importance of thorough and regular duct cleaning to minimize the health risks of dust mites and other contaminants in your ductwork. Our powerful van-mounted vacuums and specialized tools are used by our expert technicians to effectively and thoroughly clean the air ducts and vents in any home. Where dust mites are a serious problem or where allergies and asthma are present, our thorough cleaning can provide the best solution available. We have the training, expertise, and equipment to do the job right, unlike some companies that do this essential home service as a sideline. Contact us today to discuss your needs and to schedule a service.