Dirty Air Ducts Worsen Allergy Symptoms
HVAC Vent Cleaning Coupons!
- $99 Whole house air duct cleaning. All ducts and vents included. No hidden charges.
- FREE Furnace Cleaning with any air duct cleaning.
- FREE Air Conditioner Cleaning with a RotoBrush Duct Cleaning.
Many thousands of Minnesotans living in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area suffer from allergies and asthma. Symptoms from these ailments can be made worse due to our harsh winter climate and our hot, sticky summer weather. Both lead us to retreat to our homes and use our heating and air conditioning systems to create a comfortable environment for our families. Unfortunately for many Twin Cities residents, that comfort is disturbed by an increase in allergy symptoms or even asthma attacks. The problem may lie within the air ducts hidden in your walls and basement.
Constantly circulating the air in your home, those ducts can accumulate a thick layer of contaminants, including allergens like pet dander, dust, and pollen. Irritants from dust mites, mold, and fungi can also contribute to allergy symptoms. Even worse, these contaminants remain in the ductwork and vents year round, letting seasonal allergy triggers continue to cause suffering, even after the allergy season is over. Every time your furnace fan comes on to circulate warm or air-conditioned air, airborne allergens are blown into your home, creating new risks for symptoms. Here are some ways to cut down on the problem:
- Don’t Bring Allergens into Your Home – During allergy season, try to keep allergens outdoors. Keep windows and doors closed, especially when pollen counts are high. This will also help prevent those pollutants from collecting in your vents and ducts.
- Clean Thoroughly – Pollen, pet dander and other allergens can get trapped in upholstered furniture, draperies, bedding, and carpeting. Walking on carpeting or using upholstered furniture releases the pollen into the room, where it can be circulated and settle in your vents and ductwork. Vacuum thoroughly, using a HEPA vacuum cleaner, and you can remove much of this contamination.
- Install a High-Quality Furnace Filter – Use only furnace filters, with a high MERV rating. Cheap paper filters from home supply and hardware stores let many pollutants pass right through, only to collect inside your air ducts and vents where they can circulate again and again. The higher the MERV rating, the more allergens the filter will trap. Change filters regularly, according to the schedule on the filter or even more often, if necessary.
- Use an Air Purifier or Air Cleaner – An efficient air purifier or air cleaner can trap and remove allergens like pollen, mold spores, and pet dander effectively in individual rooms. Clean this equipment regularly and it will help keep allergens from accumulating in your air ducts.
- Clean Air Ducts Regularly – Have a reliable, experienced duct cleaning company clean your air ducts thoroughly at least once a year. We will remove all the accumulated dust and debris, and with it, the allergens that have collected. All will be vacuumed safely out of your home, directly to our van, where it will be sealed in bags for disposal. Ask us for recommendations about which type of ductwork cleaning service is right for you and your home. Neglected ductwork may need extensive cleaning initially, followed up with regular cleaning using less expensive techniques. You’ll breathe easier right away.
Relieve Allergy with Affordable Duct Cleaning
If allergies are an issue in your home or business in Minneapolis St. Paul Area, professional cleaning can help remove allergens that collect in your air ducts. For success, though, you need trusted services, performed by well-trained, experienced technicians who use powerful high-tech equipment to do the job. Some duct cleaning companies use portable equipment and do this highly specialized job only as a sideline. They may not give you the thoroughly cleaned ductwork you need. We offer a range of HVAC cleaning services, including our exclusive Apex Duct Cleaning process. It’s ideal for cleaning neglected air ducts where allergies are an issue. Often, you can use our lower cost services for subsequent regular cleaning. Call us today to discuss your duct cleaning needs. Let us help you reduce allergens in your home.